Did you know that "Literacy", like all language learning begins at birth? It is a continuous process beginning in the home with you as a parent, playing a key role as the guide along the road.
Please take a moment to read the benefits of reading to your child on a daily basis:
- Reading leads to internalization and interests in books;
- Reading increases a desire to read;
- Reading frees students from decoding handicaps, allowing them to concentrate on understanding the story;
- Reading improves listening skills;
- Reading exposes children to a variety of literary styles, which they may experiment with when writing;
- Reading promotes understanding of story elements: characters, settings,
problem/adventures and conclusion/endings;
- Reading introduces children to information about their world;
- And most importantly, story time is an opportunity to curl up together and enjoy each other's company!!
Please read to your child on a daily basis. You will soon recognize the fruits of your labours!